All applicants who are citizens of and resident in Sudan must apply for admission to a UWC through the UWC Sudanese National Committee, which selects applicants to represent Sudan at the UWC.
Generally, there are two main requirements to be met when applying to the Sudanese National Committee. An applicant must:
- Be between the ages of 16 and 18 by August 1, 2023
- Hold Sudanese citizenship OR refugee status (documented by the UNHCR in Sudan)
- Have resided in Sudan for at least the past 3 years
Applicants with disabilities who are self-sufficient in their everyday needs are encouraged to apply.
If you are residing in Sudan but do not possess Sudanese nationality, applications to UWC should be done through the National Committee of your home country.
All national committees use the same five core UWC selection criteria:
- Intellectual curiosity and motivation
- Active commitment
- Social competence
- Integrity, resilience and personal responsibility
- Motivation to apply to UWC